Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Is it just me or does it not feel like Christmas time at all? Maybe it's because I had to spend all yesterday in the ER and I'll now spend Christmas/New Years in pain (thanks, stupid gland!) so the idea of waddling around to get to my presents doesn't sound too appealing. It hasn't felt like December all month, though, and December is my favorite time of the year. I love Christmas lights and foods way too fatty for me to be eating right now and I usually love going around town taking tacky pictures with both.

I don't usually make resolutions for New Years because, well, there's not usually anything I need to change about myself. The most popular resolution is to stop smoking and I've never been a smoker. Other popular resolutions are to eat more vegetables and brush teeth more, both of which I love to do. My resolution? Quit torturing myself over people who I clearly mean nothing to. There is a good quote that I really, really need to start paying more attention to:

"Never make somebody a priority
when you are only an option."

Fuck guys. Fuck the ones who know you've cared about them for a year but continue to walk all over you and only give you attention after they're a few beers deep, or when they're lonely and the other girl they're talking to isn't available for them to spew their "I miss you", "I wish things had worked out between us", and "I wish I could be there with you" bullshit to. I am way too vulnerable for anybody to be pulling that kind of crap with me right now, even He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named.

Wah, wah, wah. I need to quit being so weak.

Anyway, I'm really hoping to get the crib bedding I picked out for Christmas. How weird is it that a year ago I was begging for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia DVDs and this year all I want is baby stuff? Well, I'm lying, I'm also secretly hoping to get that badass Harry Potter 1-6 DVD set Walmart's selling for about $40. Dream big!

I have a semi-busy week ahead of me:
12-23 ; Take Little One (my dog) to the vet for her surgery check up.
12-24 ; My follow up appointment at the OB after all the ER nonsense.
12-25 ; Christmas! :3
12-29 ; 4D ultrasound appointment in Tallahassee.
12-04 ; Three big birthdays: My mom's, my step-dad's, and my grandma's.

Happy holidays to anyone reading!

0 comments:

Post a Comment