Friday, January 22, 2010

So, I started spotting (along with having decreased fetal movement for a few days) and had to spend a couple of hours in L&D last night to make sure everything's okay. I felt kind of silly for going in because it wasn't that much blood... but, still, bleeding is bleeding and it had me freaked out. Baby's fine, though! Thankfully! Ever since I passed 30 weeks I've been so paranoid about potential cord accidents and pre-term labor. I think worrying all the time just comes along with pregnancy.

Other than the trip to the hospital, things have been pretty uneventful. Not much to blog about. My next OB appointment is in a week and that's really all I've got going on. My baby bedding came in the mail and it looks even better than it looked in the stock photo - I wish I had a crib to put it on! I've finally got most of the stuff I need, all I have left to get is the Pack and Play and then all of the small things like diapers, wipes, shampoo, wash, socks, etc. Hopefully next week I'll finally get around to buying the curtains for the closet, a new comforter for my bed, a floor lamp for the room, and a hospital bag. It'll be such a relief when everything is done.

2 comments:

Mrs. Mack said...

good for you though...about going in.
a lot of women don't think anything of it and come to regret it later on. i don't think you're paranoid either. it's your first pregnancy...you just want to make sure you're doing everything in your power to make sure little Emma is okay. :)

Joe said...

thanks for following me! ;) don't worry, newborns don't sleep in cribs much anyway, they want you to be holding them or running around in circles trying to figure out what they want. i'm sure you'll do fine.

Post a Comment