Sunday, January 31, 2010

I've come to the conclusion that I pretty much suck at blogging! For the past three days or so I keep reminding myself to write something, even if it's just a little update, but laziness wins the battle. Sigh. Here's my half-assed attempt at a blog entry.

Saturday 1/23
Started bleeding again, this time pretty heavily, so we decided to back up to L&D since they told me to return if it happens again. They tested the blood for amniotic fluid, it came back positive, so for about 3 minutes we thought my water has possibly broken and I was about to go into full on panic mode. The nurse swabbed me pretty quick, though, and thankfully I was negative. So my water didn't break, woo! However, I was contracting every 7-10 minutes and after about 30 minutes I was contracting every 5 minutes, so they thought they were going to have to give me the medicine to stop them / keep me overnight. The doctor from Coastal OB wasn't concerned about them when the nurse called, though, and told her to check me for dilation and send me home. Can I just say getting checked for dilation SUCKS?! Holy shit, I was not expecting that kind of pain. I mean, I was expecting it to hurt since I've heard stories, haha, but that was incredibly uncomfortable. Cervix was completely closed, so that's another woo! I asked them to do an ultrasound to check the placenta because, well, I figured that'd be kind of routine with unexplained bleeding but the nurse told me they don't do ultrasounds in L&D. Never heard of a L&D ward being unable to perform an ultrasound, but alright.

Sometime after Saturday 1/23...

Pack and Play arrived! -


Aaand bought my hospital bag. -


Friday 1/29
Had my 33 week OB appointment. Explained the bleeding and trips to L&D to my doctor and he was pissed that they didn't do an ultrasound to check the placenta. Before doing the ultrasound, he pushed around on my belly to see if she's head down or not (and she still is!). The placenta looked perfect on the ultrasound which was a huge relief, but her head is resting directly against my cervix and he thinks that might be what's causing the bleeding. As long as all of serious issues have been ruled out, I can stop stressing over it. He wanted to see me again in another week and I have another ultrasound scheduled. I'm excited to find out what she's measuring and get more pictures! :D

33 weeks, 0 days belly picture:

2 comments:

Joe said...

i'm getting excited for you and we don't even really know each other! pack and plays are awesome, it's like the ultimate multi-purpose baby entertaining/storage device.

Brittany Thornton said...

Whoever invented the Pack and Play is a freakin' genius, haha. Thanks for following me back, by the way!

Post a Comment