Friday, January 1, 2010

Not to be a Negative Nancy, but my New Years was probably even worse than I expected it to be. I knew I'd spend it completely alone. Check. Nobody to talk to on even the phone or through texts. Check. I knew I'd have nothing to do but watch Sex & the City and eat the rest of the cookies we got from Subway. Check. Did I expect to get the fucking FLU? No. But, of course, this is me we're talking about so why wouldn't I start December 31st off with being sick as a dog? Check.

I really hope the saying, "The way you spend New Years is the way you'll spend the rest of the year." is a bunch of bullshit because, if that's the case, apparently I'm screwed. Then again, if that saying was true 2009 would have been the best year of my life.

I've come to the conclusion that I think too much. I have way too much time on my hands so I do nothing but think and over analyze every little thing in my life. Now that I'm sick out of my mind and bed-ridden for the weekend, all I can think about is the baby and what things will be like when she's finally here. I've got 79 days to go which really isn't much at all. I'm already in the single digits for weeks (until term @ 37 weeks) which is starting to freak me out. I'm starting to worry about Jessie coming back into town and forcing himself and his drama on us. Life is so much better when he isn't trying to pull his shit and ruin everything for everybody else. I won't go as far as to say I've been completely stress free since he's been gone - How could I be? I'm 7 months pregnant, completely alone, and terrified - but it's been a definite weight off my shoulders. All I can do is keep my fingers crossed that he'll do what's best and stay away.

Tuesday:
I finally got my 4D ultrasound done and it was amazing! I was a little worried it wouldn't be worth the amount of money ($224) but the lady was awesome and gave me such a good deal. I was supposed to get a 30 minute ultrasound/DVD recording and 15-40 pictures, she ended up giving me a 55 minute ultrasound/DVD recording and 90 pictures. The baby wasn't very cooperative... We had to use Mountain Dew and Kings of Leon ringtones to get her to turn enough for decent pictures of her face. Can I just say the technology we have now is incredible?! I think I'm the only person in my family who's gotten one of these done so far and I'm so glad I went. I wasn't expecting to be able to see so much detail of her features but she seems to look like a little replica of me. She looks like she has my lips, my chin, my face shape, possibly my eye shape, Brianna said she has my nose but I'm thinking it might be looking more like Jessie's. The u/s tech said she has high cheek bones which is also something she'll be getting from him instead of me. So, I'm trying to picture my face... with more prominent cheek bones and I can't quite see it, haha. I'm sure she'll be beautiful.


She's already in the head down position and extremely low which means she'll probably start dropping within the next couple of weeks. Not really looking forward to that because apparently it's really painful, but it's said to make breathing a little easier. She's also a lot more active than I thought since I don't feel THAT much movement, she was kicking the shit out of my ribs during the ultrasound and I didn't feel it at all, so I think I'm pretty lucky because I'm not really feeling any pain. Hopefully it'll stay that way!

Happy 2010, hope it's a good one.

4 comments:

asimenson1 said...

congrats on the baby, I have 3 boys, and I absolutly love being a mom.

Brittany Thornton said...

Thank you! Being a mom will be a huuuge change for me but I can already tell I'm going to love it.

SweetDream said...

Congraduations on the baby hun!

Brittany Thornton said...

Thank you! :D

Post a Comment